YAY! It’s here—the #UBP 14/2014 Ultimate Blog Party!
I’ve been an #UBP girl for years. If this is your first time, you will love it. I’m a total introvert, and this is my kind of party. Extrovert? Don’t worry. You’ll have amazing connections this week, too.
I invite you to stay as long as you want. It’s casual here.
In your pajamas? No problem.
Didn’t shower yet? I can’t
What I can tell you is this blog is a safe place to discuss surrender issues.
My tagline is “Surrendering the good, the bad, and—maybe one day—the chocolate.”
It’s all true. I’ve surrendered fears. Hurts. Rejection. The past.
But I can’t give up Dove Bars. Thin Mints. Or when I’m really stressed, I knock back chocolate milk like shots.
And in it all, I know I’m not alone.
The more I surrender, the closer I draw to Christ.
He is for us, not against us.
We’re His beloved. We are His treasures.
Yes, even when we’ve had M&M’s for breakfast and yelled at our kids.
Whether you interact with me here, on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, or my newsletter where I’m offering a contemporary romance to subscribers throughout 2014, you’ll find I’m rooting for you.
There is freedom in surrender.
And when you have it, it is better than chocolate.
Do we have anything in common?
1. I’m originally from Upstate NY and graduated from SUNY Geneseo.
2. I now live in NE Ohio.
3. I’ve been married 17 years and have a 15 year old and a 10 year old.
4. We have 2 Lhasa Apsos, a cat, and a Chow-Lab puppy named Tucker.
5. I write contemporary romances using Upstate NY settings.
6. I blog every other Wednesday with your favorite Christian authors at Christians Read.
7. My Adirondack romance, Spectacular Falls, is under consideration.
8. My second Adirondack romance, Untangled, is under revision.
9. My third Adirondack romance, To Be Determined, is in first draft.
10. Match Made in Heaven is my romance exclusive to Julie Arduini newsletter subscribers throughout 2014, set in Hammondsport, NY. (Subscribe in right sidebar and make sure you activate by checking your email folders.)
11. I’m a step-mom to two adult children who live in Wisconsin.
12. I love to read and am a fast reader.
13. I don’t like white or dark chocolate. Milk chocolate all the way. Almonds? Even better.
14. I drink bold coffee with hazelnut creamer.
15. I enjoy Parenthood, Dallas, NCIS, Person of Interest, Blue Bloods, Sherlock, and Jimmy Fallon.