I’m a writer and speaker residing in NE Ohio with my husband and children. I love to encourage audiences to find freedom through surrender and I understand it has to start with me.
Please join me as I’m surrendering the good, the bad, and —maybe one day—the chocolate.
That’s the blurb I put on social networks but it doesn’t quite capture everything.
- I’m originally from Upstate New York and now reside in NE Ohio.
- When I lived in Upstate NY we were seven miles from the Watkins Glen NASCAR racetrack.
- I’m the oldest sibling.
- I believe all my contributing author credits are based on NY experiences or settings.
- I’ve been married 14 years to a man who had a computer disk in his pocket when our families went on a camping trip.
- I’ve had an official PCOS (polycystic ovaries) diagnosis since 1995, a severe case with multiple surgeries.
- Believing God more than doctor…we have two biological children.
- I’m a stepmom to two adult children.
- I’m not the best writer out there. I guarantee it. I write because I’m called, and believe God equips.
- I’m a graduate of the Christian Writers Guild. Stephen and Janet Bly were my wonderful mentors.
- FaithWriters.com was one of the first places I went once I surrendered writing related fears.
- I served as Publicity Chair for Mothers of Preschoolers, MOPS, local chapters.
- I’ve worked with James Stuart Bell and Jeanette Littleton with God Encounters and multiple books in the Guideposts Incredible Answers to Prayer Series.
- Since 2007 my work has been included (or scheduled) in 12 books.
- I currently blog for the Internet Cafe Marriage Counter , Adding Zest to Your Nest, and Christians Read.
- I “won” the 2010 NaNoWriMo Challenge with my story Spectacular Falls. I’m now editing this contemporary romance through the ACFW small critique group I’m in.
- I speak each year to over a thousand people through scholarship speeches geared for high school technical students and their families.
- I have experience with ladies’ groups with various surrender topics.
- I enjoy sharing object lessons and encouragement to upper elementary ages.
- Hosted home Bible studies to encourage women to find freedom through surrender.
- I have my own webinar room through Christian Women Affiliate. I host book studies and chats and plan on conferences in the future.
- I’m a Superman fan, doesn’t matter if it’s a TV show or movie.
- I love taking nature pictures and use them Sundays on my blog.
- I don’t eat eggs unless they are chocolate.
- Growing up I wanted to be a librarian or a spy. Or both.
- I was born on Good Friday with tornado warnings.
- My first car was a 1984 LTD.
- I heart the History Channel.
- I’m horrible at making crafts right down to horrible snowflakes and sad paper hearts.
- If it’s not chocolate it’s probably my mom’s red velvet cake.
- My favorite smells? Lilacs and roses.
- Yes, I do have a favorite word. Quelquefois. It means sometimes in French but in high school I loved saying it so much I vowed this would always be my favorite word.
- The lie that I have to make money to be worth something.