Have you ever felt the need to bite your tongue or grit your teeth? Grin with Grace explores ways to genuinely smile in the face of adversity and challenging circumstances. Sometimes, we just need to grin with grace! God blesses us with His grace, and it impacts our relationship with Him and with others.
Each chapter features five sections:
• Grin with Grace contains real-life stories and observations. You’ll laugh at the humorous confessions and wacky insights, and relate to Kathy’s transparent honesty. Be inspired to see grace in your everyday life.
• Grow with Grace features a grace word study. Kathy examines Bible verses and personalizes the meaning to your situation. Workbook prompts allows you to write down your thoughts as you read along.
• Go with Grace offers life application. Pick one action step and make it work for you, or pick all of them—but do something to live out your grace-walk.
• Give with Grace advances life application further, equipping you to become an instrument of God’s grace to others. You’ll be inspired to take what you’ve learned and give it away to others. This is when faith becomes ministry—when your focus expands to see the needs of others.
• Your Grin with Grace Challenge describes a grace-challenging scenario to give you an opportunity to exercise your newfound grace. It allows for speculation and judgment calls, to prepare you for the what-ifs that happen in life.
I love an authentic Bible study. I don’t want to read someone who has life all together because I know it’s a lie. Kathy Carlton Willis is transparent and downright funny as she shares her own stories as well as Biblical and word accounts that all are about grace. From corn abundance in the bathroom to having grace in your speech when the other person isn’t giving the same—Kathy covers it all and does it well.
This is easy-to-read with things to think about and work on when it comes to grace. I think it’s a great study for any level of faith—from the beginner just learning the Bible to someone who has been walking in faith but needing a refresher in grace.
I highly recommend.
I received Grin with Grace in exchange for an honest review.