There’s something a little different in the back of ENGAGED that I thought readers might enjoy. As a reader, I like knowing what’s coming next from authors and what their thoughts and passions are.
- Included in ENGAGED is Regan’s Acts of Kindness. I didn’t have the opportunity to meet Regan Shetsky as our family and hers moved different places. However, her parents spent a lot of time with us when we lived in Upstate NY and they were fantastic with our kids. Regan was taken from them in January, she would have turned 4 in March. It is the desire of everyone who loves Regan to make sure she is remembered. So, I included information about Regan’s Acts of Kindness and how anyone interested can also donate to Regan’s Memorial Fund. There are so many amazing acts going on in her name. You could be participating in one of them!
- Featured after ENGAGED is a series prologue for my next series about Surrendering Opinions. I’m SO excited about this. Sextuplets are thrust in the national spotlight simply because of their unique birth. However, a tragedy keeps them in the limelight and as young adults, they are trying to find their own identities despite the community being so invested in them. They are also each trying to find a love as strong as what their parents had. This is a six book series and the first title is tentatively ANCHORED.
Of course, there is also a contemporary romance that IS ENGAGED.
Trish Maxwell’s back in Speculator Falls with egg on her face and a lot of apologies to make. She left the mountain town for her dream job in New York City, only to come back unemployed. With no prospects, she works at her family’s department store and makes amends as she finds a new passion creating window displays for Adirondack businesses. She works hard and tries to convince the people of Speculator Falls she’s changed for the better.
As Trish pitches in with community events, she meets paramedic Wayne Peterson, the one man who doesn’t seem to judge her. She even makes friends with Jenna Regan, who helps Trish when people demand to know what’s next in Trish’s life. Living in New York City has been her goal, but the more she’s around Wayne and the Adirondack area, the more she’s drawn to revising her plans. Just when Trish thinks the plan for her life’s coming together, a second chance comes her way that could give her every career goal she’s ever wanted, but threaten to tear her and Wayne apart. Can Trish surrender fears about her future and discover God’s plan for her?
PURCHASE ENGAGED HERE
I’m offering a short post to let you know I have two guest posts today that I believe you would enjoy.
Her site if offering a giveaway regarding her summer promotion, so make sure you read all about that, too!
It’s also my rotation at Inspy Romance, and this picture intrigues me every time I see it. Those animals are swimming in that gunk and it just gets me. I used that picture to talk about the writing process and the middle. I sure do struggle with that!
Remember, to celebrate ENGAGED releasing the 26th, I am giving newsletter subscribers a FREE e-Read of Book 1, ENTANGLED!
It’s been quiet in this corner for a lot of reasons.
- End of school year madness. Why does it surprise me every year?
- Loss of a dear, dear friend
- Tom’s travel schedule
- Co leading a small group study with Tom
- Oh, and I’m releasing ENGAGED this month!
ENGAGED is the third book in the Surrendering Time Series. ENTRUSTED was about surrendering the present. ENTANGLED was about surrendering the past. ENGAGED? You guessed it. Surrendering the future.
I loved ENTRUSTED, but the process was a challenge because it was new and I was full of doubt. I did not love ENTANGLED. The story has been a favorite with readers, but I couldn’t relate to Carla, so it made the writing process difficult. I struggled more with doubt. The second book syndrome is real.
ENGAGED has been fun to write. It brings back some humor and sass that I had in ENTRUSTED and carries a theme I know too well. Surrendering your dreams for God’s plans.
I’ll share more as time is closer, but for now, there is a chance for one US winner to win a signed copy of ENGAGED.
Visit Patti’s Porch and leave a comment on the post. Of course, you need to read the post. It’s a good story, and all true. I’ll never forget how that all came together. Only God.