It’s a good problem to have—more people are contacting me asking if they can share a post here on JulieArduini.com. Enough people are asking I thought I better establish some guidelines.
AS OF JULY 1, 2012–I will no longer receive requests from freelancers wanting a by-line to a commercial site. My apologies to anyone real, but I’m receiving too much spam. If you are a writer at any level with a blog I deem legitimate that you want folks to find, or, have a new release coming out, that I will be happy to consider.
1. This blog is family friendly. If your post is going to be full of profanity, adult themes, mocking of people or causes, don’t waste your time or mine. I won’t use it. If I use it I’m not endorsing a product, person, cause, organization, idea, or the like. I’m simply allowing a guest blogger space and byline.
2. Write a post that deals with an inspiring message on surrender if you really want to grab my attention. Other topics this blog features are book reviews, faith issues, family, the writing craft, a Godly marriage, and of course, chocolate. If I find a product I think readers will like, or something regarding social media that might help, I’ll post that as well.
3. Include a bio and optional headshot.
4. I’m not against you including links to your site and/or business, but I have the right to research your link, and I have the right to say no. Also, if you contact me and I feel your request is spammy in nature, poorly written, or doesn’t feel right to me, I have no obligation to write you back.
5. I also have the right to edit for content and/or space. Again, I’m easy to work with, but I reserve the right. If you keep your post at 750 words or under, that seems to work the best.
6. It would be great if you would share your post once it’s live. It helps both of us. I try to send the URL ahead of time so you are all set.
7. I do not pay money for posts. You’ll notice I don’t have ads on here, either. This is a ministry to me. I do it out of a calling on my life to encourage others to find freedom through surrender. If you’re looking to get rich quick with your guest blog posts, I’m not your gal.
8. If all that works for you, send to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I know, original.
9. I can be bribed with chocolate, Level 5 bold/strong coffee, and evergreen smelling candles.
10. I’m just kidding on #9.
Also, during October I collect thankful posts to use throughout November. This is a popular tradition that garnered over 24,000 hits in 2011. The same guidelines apply, plus first come, first served. It can be serious, short, silly, a longer post. Just share why you are thankful.